MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add captcha to posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Add captcha to posts

Plugin Name: Add captcha to posts

Plugin Author: Harshit Shrivastava
Plugin Version: 1.0
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.6x,1.8x
Plugin Description: Add captcha to posts while posting

This plugin allows admin to add captcha to the forums for particular usergroups with different criteria

- Show captcha for new post
- Show captcha for new reply
- Show captcha for private message
- Show captcha when editing post
- Show captcha when searching

[Image: preview_67545_1417665061_e349a7d648960fd...e9dc4f.png]

[Image: preview_67545_1417665017_611dd6e03fb9dfd...4cfd63.png]

Download :
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=323
I set this for group 1 (guests) and group 2 (registered users) with a post limit of 2. So everybody needs to survive at least 2 replies with captchas before they can post as they wish.

MyBB 1.8 / 1.8.4
Enter captcha criteria
Enter the number below which captcha to be shown. Enter 0 to disable it.

Enter Number
Enter the count below which captcha to be shown for the above criteria.(Time in hours)

I gave a value of "2" posts... But the number "2" seems to be ignored? I did 4 replies as a group 1 member and still got captchas as a registered user... Any idea? Any update? Confirmation? Or am I a bit dumb? Do tell Smile

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Oooh... I think I get it. All replies are merged into 1 reply... I'll test by replying on different threads Smile

Devvie

Yep. That was it. My bad Smile Great plugin! XD
Very useful.
Thanks... It will be of great use for many!!
Strange, it looks like this plugin corrupts reCaptcha verification for guest posts (registration still works).

When I have this plugin enabled on MyBB 1.8.4, I noticed that this plugin (while looking good) might not be needed on MyBB 1.8. Even further, I noticed that guest posts never get accepted on my guest board. Reason?
Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing: The image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image.

Pretty sure they always were correct and disabling this plugin kinda proved it. So disabling it again, for now. I might not need it anyways!

Devvie

Looks like I got it solved too... Go to settings, search for "captcha"

General Configuration
CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting
To help prevent automated registrations and postings, you can choose a type of image verification for the user to complete. Please see the MyBB Docs for more information on CAPTCHAs.

Set it to: no captcha (...)

A reCaptcha will still appear for guest posts AND you can get to keep the minimum post count for registered users...!

All good - thanks!
(2015-05-05, 06:42 PM)bitcoin Wrote: [ -> ]
Looks like I got it solved too... Go to settings, search for "captcha"

General Configuration
To help prevent automated registrations and postings, you can choose a type of image verification for the user to complete. Please see the MyBB Docs for more information on CAPTCHAs.

Set it to: no captcha (...)

A reCaptcha will still appear for guest posts AND you can get to keep the minimum post count for registered users...!

All good - thanks!

Since a few days I was having a stubborn spammer so I once more checked up on all settings. With the previous settings all (now) works as you expect: setting "no captcha" means "no captcha". Why it worked when I tested it last times...? I don't know... Sigh.

Now I have registrations AND newbie posting correct with Captchas once more... They now both use the same captcha tech, after settings this option:

Which is set to: reCaptcha (don't forget to fill in the reCaptcha Public & Private keys!).

I now have reCaptcha for newbie posts and for registration. Again, I don't know why it worked last time (which didn't make sense). I'm just glad it works now as expected. It looks like MyBB sometimes has some delays in updating its functioning... :s

Devvie!

PS: I'm now using 'noCaptcha reCaptcha' (which gives match-images challenge)

I was wondering though... Because I already have custom verification questions in place for registration, if it were possible to disable captchas for user registration, but enable it for the first few posts...? I couldn't get that to work. It's either NO captchas anywhere OR captchas for BOTH... The reason I'd like it with no captcha for user registrations is because I'd like to keep registration as short and sweet as possible... If it were up to me, there wouldn't even be a confirmation email for user activation... ; -)
Does it work? I need to use Google reCaptcha for only some usergroups. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Ok, it doesnt work. When you complete the captcha, the text in the new thread is lost and the error is shown Sad