MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show absolute date and time on hover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you hover on time of post, there should be a tooltip with posted time and date...

Something like this (see attachment)
IIRC it was a design decision to show the post subject on hover as they're still a part of 1.8. I personally don't see it as an important change because it's trivial to figure out, and there isn't really anywhere else the post subject can go.
(2014-12-08, 01:49 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC it was a design decision to show the post subject on hover as they're still a part of 1.8. I personally don't see it as an important change because it's trivial to figure out, and there isn't really anywhere else the post subject can go.

Who says we have to show the subject at all though? Just because it's in the 1.8 core right now doesn't mean it has to be displayed. Personally, I think absolute time would be more useful information than "RE: thread subject," which nobody uses.
Maybe make a compromise:
- show absolute time and subject

example: 9:00 AM; RE: XXX
Quote:Who says we have to show the subject at all though? Just because it's in the 1.8 core right now doesn't mean it has to be displayed. Personally, I think absolute time would be more useful information than "RE: thread subject," which nobody uses.

1.8 is broken enough. If post subjects were going to be deprecated they should have been in the 1.8.0 release. We had this discussion nearly three years ago and it was decided post subjects should remain until 2.0. You're right, absolute time would be more useful, but there's a lot of other issues and problems in 1.8 which the developers should concentrate on.