MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bit by something poisonous?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking, while I smooshed a spider (probably not poisonous to hurt anyone) near the stairs where I live that there are probably some interesting stories of people on MyBB being bit by something poisonous.  So I thought I'd ask.

I've been lucky enough to avoid being bit by anything poisonous thus far.  But there are tons of Brown Recluses where I am moving, so I am going to have to start to be pretty careful. Those closest I got here was on my grandpa's farm, we were picking up large rocks (me and a cousin) and throwing them into the river.  When we picked up one and started carrying it, another cousin screamed "drop it" and we look on the ground and on the large rock itself to find hundreds of black widows.  Luckily, they didn't bite us.   
Those would be "venomous spiders". Poisonous creatures are only dangerous when ingested or touched. I don't think you'll be eating spiders any time soon! ^_^

Venomous creatures inject their toxins via fangs (or other implements).

Just sayin' Wink
^ Yeah, ok, I have heard that. :p

Has anyone been bit by a venomous creature?
I've been stung by a centipede and multiple "blue bubbles" (jellyfish).
Luckily I have not. I have friends that have been bit by some snakes but so far so good for me Smile.