MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Navigation and Favicon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On the main page the navigation bar looks how I want it to but when viewing a forum or thread it changes (http://gridironnation.x10.mx/forum/forum....php?fid=7) and my home page (http://gridironnation.x10.mx/forum). I have set line height to 40px on .active and .navigation. Could someone let me know how to fix this?

I also need to know where to place my favicon. I have the code to placed in the index and that is the only place the favicon show up.
Thats weird o_O
I have figured out the favicon problem, I just need to figure out why the navigation on forum and thread pages other than the index are at the bottom. Could this be because of the image? If it is how would I solve the issue while keeping the image there.

It does seem to be the image creating the problem. Anyone know a way around this?
maybe try setting the favicon in each forum
that image is rather huge when compared to the text size on navigation. you can use vertical align
for the image and decrease the line height & increase font size for .navigation .active
.navigation img {vertical-align: middle;}
I found where to place the favicon for it show up on each page it was under the Misc. templates I believe.
for the favicon, you can follow this suggestion
Quote:Put favicon.ico to your forum directory

and add at beginning of headerinclude template
<link rel="Shortcut icon" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/favicon.ico" />
This fixed my issue. Thanks.
(2016-04-05, 11:45 AM)Misinformed Wrote: [ -> ]This fixed my issue.  Thanks.

If you want theme specific favicon usage rather than using only one specific favicon in the main directory for every theme:

Upload your specific favicon.ico to each of your themes directories:

In your themes "ungrouped templates"  find the following in the "headerinclude" template of each theme:
{$stylesheets}

Add the following above it:

<!-- Add Theme Specific Favicon -->
<link rel="Shortcut icon" href="{$theme['imgdir']}/favicon.ico" />
(2016-04-12, 04:09 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-05, 11:45 AM)Misinformed Wrote: [ -> ]This fixed my issue.  Thanks.

If you want theme specific favicon usage rather than using only one specific favicon in the main directory for every theme:

Upload your specific favicon.ico to each of your themes directories:

In your themes "ungrouped templates"  find the following in the "headerinclude" template of each theme:
{$stylesheets}

Add the following above it:

<!-- Add Theme Specific Favicon -->
<link rel="Shortcut icon" href="{$theme['imgdir']}/favicon.ico" />

Yes this also worked for me! Smile
Pages: 1 2