MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sprited Smilies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Download: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=319
Version: 0.9-Stable

Description:
Generates the current smilies into a CSS sprite sheet to follow the Yahoo performance rules.
Will regenerate everything every time the smilies are edited/updated and update the sheet automatically so no actions needed other than installment.

Preview of the sprite: (It's one image)
[Image: 063d0783c0.png]

Installation:
You will need PHP(5)-GD, if on shared hosting it will most likely be included by default.
For VPS/Dedicated install it via
  • Debian/Ubuntu: apt-get install php5-gd
  • Centos: yum install php5-gd

Then just simply unzip and move all files and press install and it should be working.

Future stuff:
  • Fix gifs.
  • Remove PluginLibrary.

Change log:
  • 0.9:
    • Fixes:
      • Added the codename to be able to get the engine to notify if theres updates.

• 0.8:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed the ability to have GIF smilies.
      • Fixed a bug where it would not remove the sprite files.
    • Removes:
      • Removed the use of PluginLibrary to make it standalone.
This looks very cool; does it work with Gifs?
(2014-12-09, 01:19 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]This looks very cool; does it work with Gifs?

oo, forgot about those.

I'll make something in a later version, totally forgot people can use gifs as I tend to make options to disable gifs on my forums.
So .gif smilies are ignored, right? For me it doesnt matter - I use only .png smilies, but many forums use .gif
(2014-12-09, 01:54 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]So .gif  smilies are ignored, right? For me it doesnt matter - I use only .png smilies, but many forums use .gif

As for now, they will just get converted into pngs.
Can I see an example of the sprited smiles?
Nice plugin Rakes!!

(2014-12-09, 03:09 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]Can I see an example of the sprited smiles?

Here it is:
[attachment=33231]
sceditor support this?
Yes, smilies are sprited in output view only...in editor are no changes.
(2014-12-09, 03:49 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, smilies are sprited in output view only...in editor are no changes.

thanks for infoBig Grin
Pages: 1 2 3