MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No "BBCode" icons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I've been having this issue and it's bothering me quite a bit.
There's no BBCode icons, my users can't see them. Could you help?
Here's a link! http://prntscr.com/5fgsy9 (This is a fresh install with only a theme added.)
(It's done it with 10 other themes.)

Thanks!!
Check in the usercp and admin cp that you have the editor enabled.

In usercp make sure the Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages is ticked

In AdminCP

Clickable Smilies and BB Code
Clickable MyCode Editor
Set this option to On to show the clickable code buttons editor on posting pages. Switching this off will also disable the Smilies Inserter.

Check that you are using a 1.8 theme.
It's a 1.6 theme, that really does suck. Is there a fix so it works with older themes? The default theme fixed it. Thanks!
You can upgrade most 1.6 themes to mybb 1.8; you would need to do a check on templates requiring update and edit the css files to add the new classes added in mybb 1.8 - scaleimages, all the growl and jqi css at minimum. Doable if you really want the theme.
(2014-12-11, 01:27 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Check in the usercp and admin cp that you have the editor enabled.

In usercp make sure the Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages is ticked

In AdminCP

Clickable Smilies and BB Code
Clickable MyCode Editor
Set this option to On to show the clickable code buttons editor on posting pages. Switching this off will also disable the Smilies Inserter.

Check that you are using a 1.8 theme.

(2014-12-11, 02:37 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You can upgrade most 1.6 themes to mybb 1.8; you would need to do a check on templates requiring update and edit the css files to add the new classes added in mybb 1.8 - scaleimages, all the growl and jqi css at minimum. Doable if you really want the theme.

I would love to do that but I'm not that skilled to do it. I'll keep the theme and try to work on it. Thank you!