MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make portal.php the homescreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am trying to make the portal.php my homepage on my forum, and it doesn't seem to work. I have seen that there are ways on 1.6 of MyBB, but nothing on 1.8....

Is there even a way to set the portal.php on 1.8? Or do I have to downgrade to a lower version of MyBB?

The version I am on is MyBB 1.8.0
Portal.php is default if you close your forum browser tab and go back in site it should be default then you'll have options are the top right Portal or forums or members etc...

From what i know is this, I haven't exactly used 1.8.0 that much but i know few bits and pieces Wink
Yeah, thats index.php though, where it has all of my forum sections and such. I do have an option in my tabs to go to the portal, but I want it to automatically when you type in the url to my site it goes to the portal.php
use .htaccess to point landingpage.
Do not edit the .htacccess file. It could potentially screw up your entire setup in the future, as it did with me.

Go to www.yourforumname.com/cpanel>enter your admin password>scroll down until you find "Redirection" or something like that.>Redirect www.yourforumname.com to www.yourforumname.com/portal.php.
He he he, well Leviathan, what do you think a redirect in cpanel does?
Open/ Build file ".htaccess " in forum root on server (where index.php, portal.php etc. is) and add as first entry in that file:

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

Save file and test it. Wink
In Nginx
index portal.php index.php index.html index.htm;