MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Purge spammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When purge spammer option appears?
what is the post limit you have used at purge spammer settings
if spammer posted more than that limit then purge spammer button does not appear
Why purge spammer option appear in the first place? are they really spammers?
No, purge spammer appears for any users below a certain number of posts (a setting).
A question on this Euan - if a spammer signs up and posts 20 posts while I am asleep, and maybe gets some sort of auto promotion, will the purge spammer option still appear?
^ let me respond to that (looks like Euan is offline)
as it is based on posts number, Group promotion should have no affect on the tool
I prefer using a high value for post limit number (eg. 250) so that purge spammer tool can be used on the spam bots.
(2014-12-12, 07:27 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]A question on this Euan - if a spammer signs up and posts 20 posts while I am asleep, and maybe gets some sort of auto promotion, will the purge spammer option still appear?

If you have the button set to disappear after 20 posts, it will not be available in that case. You then have two options:

- Delete a few posts belonging to the user until they hit the limit
- Raise the limit

Unfortunately, that's just the way things work Smile
Yes, I thought that might be it Euan - it seems fair. If the spamer has hammered the board that badly it might be that the board has more issues beyond purge spammer buttons Smile

Also, thank you .m. Smile