MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML Coding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

First of all, I find this community very helpful.
They have answered my queries within a short duration.

As I'm used to wordpress, I find little difficulty in starting a forum.

Coming to the problem, there are 3 queries. One is a general one with respect to MyBB.

1. Is MyBB forum built on H1-H6 tags? If there is no such framework, then can we make it?

2. At the portal page, http://foodrecipeseasy.com/portal.php ...why do I see coding? Does it not support fontawesome? It's pretty fine with other pages, then why do I face this problem only at portal page?
Why do we need this page again to show on the home page? I mean its SEO value gets decreased if there are 2 pages with the same content.

3. The third one ...is how to make the default theme mobile friendly?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:1. Is MyBB forum built on H1-H6 tags? If there is no such framework, then can we make it?

MyBB doesn't have H* tags implemented by default, but there's nothing stopping you from adding them to the templates.

Quote:2. At the portal page, http://foodrecipeseasy.com/portal.php ...why do I see coding? Does it not support fontawesome? It's pretty fine with other pages, then why do I face this problem only at portal page?

Seems like a bug. It should render if HTML in posts is enabled.

Quote:Why do we need this page again to show on the home page? I mean its SEO value gets decreased if there are 2 pages with the same content.

The forum index and the portal page are two different pages. Search engines shouldn't penalize your site for that.

Quote:3. The third one ...is how to make the default theme mobile friendly?

You can either use a responsive theme or design one yourself. There isn't a mobile friendly version of the default theme.
Quote:MyBB doesn't have H* tags implemented by default, but there's nothing stopping you from adding them to the templates.

Could you please let me know the procedure to do it.

Quote:Seems like a bug. It should render if HTML in posts is enabled.

Have "HTML in Posts" plugin. Deactivated it, and observed that html coding is even seen in the normal post (apart from portal.php page) ... thus I activated it again.

Quote:You can either use a responsive theme or design one yourself.

Is there any way to make the default theme a responsive one? I mean through plugins? I suppose there would be some research work going on to make the default responsive theme. Need to google it.
1. see this related thread
2. if you are concerned about double content, you may like to disable portal page
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Portal settings >> Enable Portal
3. many things in the theme need changes (eg. convert widths to percentage , use CSS media screen .. etc)
instead, you may like to install a mobile friendly theme compatible with MyBB 1.8.x (eg.)
(2014-12-12, 02:17 PM)SriNik Wrote: [ -> ]2. At the portal page, http://foodrecipeseasy.com/portal.php ...why do I see coding?

ACP >> Forums & Posts >> Forum Name (in your case Rules and Etiquette) >> Edit Forum Settings >> Miscellaneous Options >> Yes, allow HTML in posts >> Check that box and save it..
Thank U ..I made it.