MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO friendly urls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, MyBB has seo friendly urls in this structure:
www.example.com/thread-1.html
I want to make the url like IPB:
www.example.com/1-Hi-World.html

It is possible without Google SEO plugin?
I'm building plugin for SEO and I don't know how to do it.
Thanks for answers Smile
Quote:It is possible without Google SEO plugin?

Put simply, no.
(2014-12-13, 02:09 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It is possible without Google SEO plugin?

Put simply, no.

Google SEO makes it somehow, so there is a way to do it without it. It doesn't matter if only htaccess or with some php. I want to do it no matter how in separate plugin.
Well if you want to create another plugin with the same functionality, take a look at the code from Google SEO. It's not as simple as copying a few lines of code. That's why there's a whole plugin for it.
(2014-12-13, 02:51 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you want to create another plugin with the same functionality, take a look at the code from Google SEO. It's not as simple as copying a few lines of code. That's why there's a whole plugin for it.

the Google SEO plugin is huge and I can't find the part that responsible on this
someone?
someone?....
The Google SEO plugin hooks into inc/functions.php::get_thread_link() and returns a different URL. The old Spicefuse SEO plugin hooks into the output and uses regular expressions to collect all thread links in the output, and replace them with different ones. Either one has to query thread subjects from the database in order to be able to place them in the URL.

http://www.example.com/1-Hi-World.html

Although I recommend sticking to the default URL style of Google SEO, it can emulate this one, to some degree...

Enable force uniquifier, {uniquifier}{separator}{url} and thread URL {url}.html will give you 1-Hi-World.html; if you treat the number as prefix, a rewrite rule like ^([0-9]+)-.*\.html showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA] should work.

Although since the force uniquifier is a global setting, you will also end up with u1-User, f1-Forum, ...

If it's about mimicking URLs from your old board, you're bound to fail, and you should rather think about how to redirect them properly.