MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recognize soft deleted posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

How should we recognize in which threads soft deleted posts exist? I mean in Forum display and index page.
They don't get recognized and that's the main difference between soft deletion and unapproval. If you want them to be recognized, use the 2nd.
You're right but there should be a notification for soft deleted posts. Suppose a moderator has deleted a post,

-There isn't any specific log panel to track and be aware of soft deleted posts for admins and supers.
-There isn't any sign in index or forum display to be aware of soft deleted posts.
-There isn't any notification message for post owner.

MyBB has added this feature for forum owners to be able to restore deleted posts when needed.So when there isn't any sign about a post deletion, how should one ,specially the post owner, be aware of that his post is deleted and then demand for restoring that post?

In the current process there is just one way in which, this feature (soft deletion) could be effective:
> Post owner should visit the threads in which he/she has posted,
> Go and visit his own post intentionally or perchance,
> Oh no, Where is my post? Then he shouldn't complain about his deleted post in the same thread, because maybe the stuff wouldn't see that post in there,
> Then he should PM to Supers and report the issue.

And for this feature to be useful, every user should go and visit his posts one by one each time to see whether they are deleted or not!

I have a simple but completely useful solution for this problem:
When a post is deleted, a notification PM should be sent to the post owner automatically contained The thread and post address,date of deletion and the reason of deletion if there is any. Then there should be note like this:

If you have any complaint about this matter, forward this PM to admins with yore reasons/texts written below.
Hello again,
Can you please move this thread to 1.8 suggestions? thanks