MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing xxx.com:2082
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ttttt
anyone who knows about web development, will know that the port 2082 is used for cpanel and domain.com:2082 takes to cpanel login.. if I don't know it, I can access the cpanel from domain.com/cpanel or cpanel.domain.com... even if I don't know both these options, I can get the info from whois records of the domain and there are some online services which checks the domain and provide the details.... nothing you can do and nothing you need to worry...

if you are really concerned, you can change the port by editing the cpanel config file and change the urls from the apache config files located on your server... better to contact your hosts to have it done....
Run your site via cloudflare, problem solved as they don't allow anything but port 80.
If you're running on shared hosting, there isn't much you can do except use a reverse proxy as Rakes suggested. Even then, if someone really wanted to find the cPanel login, it wouldn't be hard. Even then, as long as your host keeps everything up to date, it shouldn't be that easy to get into. Nevertheless, if security is your goal, you should probably just not run a control panel.
(2014-12-14, 08:19 PM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]Even then, as long as your host keeps everything up to date, it shouldn't be that easy to get into.

Exactly. If you have a good password, cPHulk should cripple anyone who tries to access your account.
ttttt