MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Tab Icon to Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm pretty new to MyBB. Where do I add an icon .ico file that is in the tab on top of browsers?
[Image: 6lWlk72.png]
Copy your icon named favicon.ico to forum root on server (where index.php, portal.php etc. is)

Open ACP >> Templates & Styles >> Templates >> YOURTHEME >> Ungrouped Templates >> headerinclude and paste right above first <meta.....> tag:
<link rel="icon" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Save changes and reload site.

[attachment=33295]
Just upload "favicon.ico" file in your root folder, and browser will auto-update it, It doesnot require any coding work.

Just upload your file with name "favicon.ico" in your root folder.
(2014-12-14, 11:11 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Copy your icon named favicon.ico to forum root on server (where index.php, portal.php etc. is)

Open ACP >> Templates & Styles >> Templates >> YOURTHEME >> Ungrouped Templates >> headerinclude and paste right above first <meta.....> tag:

Thanks! I got it working.

(2014-12-14, 11:15 PM)DevHack Wrote: [ -> ]Just upload "favicon.ico" file in your root folder, and browser will auto-update it, It doesnot require any coding work.

Just upload your file with name "favicon.ico" in your root folder.

That didn't seem to work for some reason :/
(2014-12-14, 11:11 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Copy your icon named favicon.ico to forum root on server (where index.php, portal.php etc. is)

I can't get it to work and I am using the Flatty theme for my forum and i have it in the public_html (root file) and it still is not working. I have it named as favicon.ico in the folderand I put that code where you said. Any other advice you can give me. http://forums.unstoppablegamingnetwork.com/public_html/
^ is public_html a part of your forum url ? is it a must ? looks like there is some mis-configuration.
(2018-01-23, 08:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ is public_html a part of your forum url ? is it a must ? looks like there is some mis-configuration.

Yeah IDK do you think you can help me on that please...?