MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: downgrade to 1.6 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i recently upgraded to mybb 1.8 and tbh hate it as lots of plugins dont work from 1.6 and the main one being pro portal dont work and as the built in portal is very lame my homepage now looks crap  now here's the problem my pc broke and i lost everything on it including the backup i taken before upgrading so is there a way to downgrade without goin thought the hassle of converting to another forum software then converting back to mybb 1.6
(2014-12-15, 12:26 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]hi i recently upgraded to mybb 1.8 and tbh hate it as lots of plugins dont work from 1.6 and the main one being pro portal dont work and as the built in portal is very lame my homepage now looks crap  now here's the problem my pc broke and i lost everything on it including the backup i taken before upgrading so is there a way to downgrade without goin thought the hassle of converting to another forum software then converting back to mybb 1.6

Didn't you make a backup before the upgrade or have a recent one?  Just upload that and you'll be back in the past. Toungue 
No as I said I lost everything when my PC packed up
Oh, sorry I missed that part.

Maybe you could convert your forum out to a different software, then convert back to MyBB 1.6 using the 1.6 version merge system?

Not sure. You should just stick with the new version and make it work, that's my advice.
If I could get pro portal to work on 1.8 I'd stay with it as that's the main problem or if someone made a portal like it .
^ what is the problem with proportal ? does it not work by changing compatibility line in the plugin file ?
I can't find a compatabilaty line it installs but after install the admin cp is blank think its something to do with the module_meta.php file found in admin/modules/portal folder as when u remove that file the admin cp comes back but still no pro portal settings
^ have you checked for related log entries in the server error log / MyBB error log
i also get this while installing proportal
Downgrades are not supported by us, especially if you don't have backup. Feel free to create new topics for the plugin issues in Plugin Support.