MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global unsubscribe via e-mail reply?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my forum is www.nzarchitecture.net.nz

I quite often get requests from frustrated users to 'unsubscribe' them when they struggle to follow the directions at bottom of each notification they get from the forum about logging in to UserCP to change their delivery options.

They just want a single simple 'unsubscribe' link that does not require them to remember their username or password or how to navigate the forum & UserCP - which I can understand.

The problem is that without this I either have to manually hunt through the user list to find their profile and manually untick all messaging types for them, or they likely mark forum e-mail as spam thereafter, which could get the forum blacklisted, affecting delivery to other users.

The forum uses a couple of 3rd party plugins to generate e-mail (Automatic Subscriptions & MyDigest) as well as the various built in ways that subscribers can get e-mail by default from the forum (eg from administrators, other users, subscribed threads etc).

Is there a way to implement a global email off switch, such that clicking an 'unsubscribe' link in a notification email will thereafter automatically block all plugins and core myBB messaging events that can add messages for that user to the mass mail queue?

I would rather not attempt to customize anything in a way that has to then be continually updated and replicated for every theme as I add and remove plugins or every time forum base software gets updated.

Cheers