MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images not displaying after upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm migrating from 1.6.16 to new hardware and then upgrading to 1.8.3. At this point I have copied over the files and database to the new machine and then got the site running as normal in 1.6.16. Next, I ran the 1.8.3 upgrade and have been working at getting plugins setup and slowly trying to fix the custom themes that we've made.

In any case, I set the theme back to the default one and rectified any errors the the "Find Updated templates" found on the default profile but for some reason images that were displaying before the 1.8.x upgrade are no longer displaying. Add to that I've tried posting a new image and just like the old ones, it only shows as a link.

I though maybe this was some default security setting that got forced on all accounts but I don't see anything in the user CP regarding images.

Am I missing something in the upgrade notes or is myBB suddenly unable to show images?

[Image: 6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy...-sense.jpg]

Well if that image shows up then it must be me?

Seems like that's showing up fine here. So hrmmmm...?????
Have you checked in the user cp that you have display images in posts set to on?

Edit Options

Thread View Options
Display posts in classic mode.
>>>>>Display images in posts.
Ok, so that IS exactly what the problem was... question is, why would this be triggered upon upgrade? I have nearly 1500 users and while it's isn't an insurmountable inconvenience, I'd rather not have to deal with months of people realizing something is wrong and needed walked through the fix.

Is it a new option in the settings that is defaulting to this setting and if so, are there any tools short of my running a mysql query that will simple tick those boxes?

I have the luxury of a couple of weeks of fiddling before I actually make the production move.
I think it will need a MYSQL query. I have no idea why it has defaulted to that though I see it is hugely annoying. My SQL is not that great, so I cant give a query.

If you have not yet done the upgrade maybe this is a thing that you can ask in the MyBB 1.8 suggestions forum? I do think that really on upgrade this is happening then it really isnt desired behaviour.
any updates on this? some of my users experiencing the same i have to manually tell them to change the option to fix it..

any phpadmin query code i can do make this on by default including the videos?

thanks