MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO - Sitemap 403 in Webmaster Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have followed this guide: SEO GUIDE

When I try to submit the sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools it gives me an HTTP 403 error.

This is my sitemap: http://www.ekonomiforumet.se/sitemap-index.xml

My .htaccess looks like this:

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

RewriteEngine on

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.ekonomiforumet.se/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

Thanks in advance! /Persson
I get a HTTP 403 for your entire site. You should try it yourself in a private browsing session.
Strange, it dosen't happen to me. Everything seems fine when browsing Confused
I must have misunderstood. Ofcause when you go to the site you're not logged in.

But what I mean is that Google Webmaster Tools gets me an error when I try to submit my sitemap.

"We encountered an error when trying to access your Sitemap. Check your Sitemap follows our guidelines and that you can access it in the location you specified. Then submit it again.

General HTTP error: HTTP 403 error (Forbidden)
HTTP Error: 403"

/Persson
But that's what this is; your entire site asks to log in first, because there is no permission to see any of it (HTTP 403 forbidden). That's the same thing Google sees too, when trying to load the sitemap, or anything else for that matter.
I see..

That's also strange cause I have granted "guest" group permission to view forums in two ways.

Both: Users & groups --> Forums and Posts --> Can view boad? / Can view Threads?

And: Forums and Posts --> "My forumname" --> Permissions --> Guests --> View

Are there any other options? Confused
Bump..

Well, I have tried to google it and searched the ACP for settings to make forum visible for guests (and spiders/bots as they have the same permissions as guests).

If someone have the time to help I can provide access to my ACP. This is totally ruin my board Sad

PM me.