MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My First MyBB Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I would like to introduce my very first MyBB website. In the past I have used many bulletin boards, but recently I ran across MyBB. I enjoy MyBB mostly for the supportive community and mod authors. One of the features that drew me to MyBB was it's plugin system. Other bulletin boards use modfications through core file hacks, which is a nightmare for webmasters who NEED to constantly update their boards for security reasons.

So, I introduce my community website to MyBB for critique.

[Image: mslogo.jpg]

Site Description:

My site is based off of AliReza_Tofighi's bootstrap design. I've modfied it to fit my needs. The bootstrap grid feature is one of the things I like most about the design.

I built the community years ago using Joomla first, then migrated to SMF and eventually to IPB. I moved away from IPB and to Wordpress and now have moved my site to MyBB hopefully for good.

The site is for dedicated fans of the video games Mafia I and Mafia II and any other game that fits that first person genre.

Some of my site features:
  • Custom homepage with the nivo slider.(I didn't like portal.php so I wrote my own using bootstrap grid)
  • Custom news page using built in portal latest threads function.
  • Custom menu bar and user menu bar that I've used the bootstrap icons in.
  • Pirata Nervo's NewPoints, Shop, and mydownloads plugin.
  • Added usergroup legend at the bottom of the forum page
  • Private Inquiries forums
  • StopForumSpam with Botscout plugin
  • Facebook Connect Login
  • Custom .htaccess to remove .php from pages to keep url's looking pretty (except mydownloads.php)

If I can think of more that I've done, I will edit my post. So, if you're a fan of the games Mafia I or Mafia II please join us!

Oh, and I welcome any and all feedback.

Ah, seems my hosting had a network interruption. Sorry guys! The site is up and working again.
cool board there. i remember playing mafia 1 for ps2 many years ago...but sorry to say, games with 1930's/1940's theme dont impress me at all. are you a mybb freak like me? but good luck with board
(2014-12-16, 06:37 PM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]cool board there. i remember playing mafia 1 for ps2 many years ago...but sorry to say, games with 1930's/1940's theme dont impress me at all. are you a mybb freak like me? but good luck with board

Hi Butterball,

Thanks for the feedback. I built the site a few years ago when the .com was down for almost a year. I did so to revive the modding community for the games. Now the .com is back, and I need to find a new direction to take the .net.

Sorry to hear you don't like the 1920's-40's' genre games. Mafia II was a really fun game.

Yes, I'm becoming a MyBB freak. The software is fantastic with a great support community.

Thanks for the well wishes!
np mate. i was thinking of getting mafia lll..(3) questions.. 1. is it open world 2. is it third person and 3. is it only for ps4?
Well, not really sure. Mafia III isn't out yet.
nvm lol. ill keep tabs on gamestop site. thx mate