MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Contact.php form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was curious if there was a way to change the email the form is sent to?

So in other words the admin email address is for site stuff but the contact form would use a different email address.

Seems like there would be a easy soulution to this , even if I had to setup something manually for now.

Thanks
Go to Tools & Maintenance -> User Email Log: Which can be found on the left side, under logs. If you see any errors, post them here. That's the only thing I can think of right now.

I see that you edit your first question, with your current one.
depends you are pro at configs? and code u can try this

http://www.mybbstyles.com/showthread.php?tid=503

change the Compatibility of the plugins to 18*
(2014-12-17, 08:22 AM)acidrain Wrote: [ -> ]depends you are pro at configs? and code u can try this

http://www.mybbstyles.com/showthread.php?tid=503

change the Compatibility of the plugins to 18*

Why would I do that when all those functions are already in the new contact form in 1.8?

All I want to do is have the emails go to somewhere other then forum admin.

So basically the site emails still would go to forum admin but then there would be another email account that all the emails from the contact form are sent to as well.
ACP >> Configuration >> Site Details >> Admin Email and Return Email

Setup two different emails from your host cpanel and use one each for Admin Email and Return Email...
(2014-12-17, 10:47 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]ACP >> Configuration >> Site Details >> Admin Email and Return Email

Setup two different emails from your host cpanel and use one each for Admin Email and Return Email...

Right now I have the admin email [email protected] because when the system sends out the registration emails I don't want it to use something they can reply to. But if I add the return email then if they did reply now it would go to the other email that I would want to use for the contact form if I did what you said.

Really the forums should have 3 email settings.

one for admin email
one for system email such as registration
one for contact form.

Currently the only email setting I see is for admin and return.
if thats your concern, simply open contact.php and find

my_mail($mybb->settings['adminemail'], $subject, $message, $mybb->input['email']);

and replace it with...

my_mail('[email protected]', $subject, $message, $mybb->input['email']);

and same way replace this....

"toemail" => $db->escape_string($mybb->settings['adminemail']),

with...

"toemail" => $db->escape_string('[email protected]'),

NOTE: put the email inside quotes as shown
Thanks!