MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disclaimer help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a for sale section on my forum. I would like to put up a disclaimer that makes me not responsible for anything transactions that go bad. I understand that i could make a thread and sticky it. But is there a way to have a pop up with the disclaimer and have users agree to the terms before posting? Or anything like that? I am open to any idea.
I don't know how to actually do this, but you could just add a terms of use, or add it into the help docs stating that you or your site can't be held responsible for any deals taking place on your site. if I'm not mistaking, you could probably add a check before allowing them to post the thread, but as I said I don't know as I never needed this. Just giving a suggesting.
You can add those disclaimer in the "Forum Rules" for that section....

ACP >> Forums & Posts >> Select The Forum >> Edit Forum Settings >> Additional Forum Options >> Forum Rules >> Display Method >> Select "Display rules for this forum on the thread listing" or "Display rules in the thread listing and for new threads/replies"

Add a Title and Rules as per your need and save them