MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP backtrace endless loop causing RAM resource max
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the process of trying to find the answer to another problem, this error was discovered by the host.

Here is what they wrote:

"if you open the first link, PHP process, serving the request will notice that there's no "physical" file to be mapped to the virtual attachment ID (information about attachments is stored in mybb_attachments database table).
The process should then return an error message. According to MyBB error reporting settings, it first tries to generate PHP backtrace, but seems to fall into an endless loop, consuming more and more memory. After the process reaches maximal allowed size of 1024 M, 500 error is returned."

Any advice on how to solve this?
admin panel >> forums & posts >> attachments --> find orphaned attachments
check if you get a huge number of orphaned attachments - don't delete them
(you have to also find broken links to attachments at the posts)

edit: (power broke while I was typing this .. will be back online after power resumes)
Thank you .m.,

** There are 95 orphaned attachments, ranging in reasons - "Not in attachments table", "Post never made", "Attached file missing".

** I see you say "find broken links to attachments at the posts". How exactly do I do that?

** Also, why is the system not defaulting to an error as opposed to going into these loops, any ideas regarding this and how it might be fixed?

Thanks again .m.

EDIT: I also notice that the majority of these just started showing up "attached file missing" Dec.1 2014-Dec.13 2014. Previously there weren't any orphaned attachments for several months. Wonder what this is about...
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to admin panel & web host control panel