MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal error on line 116 of /inc/class_parser.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Forum,

I just upgraded to 1.8.3 and it gave me the attached message.
It said upgrade complete but then that there is a fatal message on line 116 of the class_parser.php
Call to a member function run_hooks() on a non object.

I don't know how to write php and this is just mumbo jumbo at this point.

Can someone please decipher this for me and tell me what I should do with it.

So far, the forum seems to work fine, but to be frank, my forum doesn't have any members yet, so I have not really a good realistic testing ground here ;-)

Thank you.

Oliver Hanisch
you can ignore that error message. if you come across further SQL errors then post here.

And I'd suggest to verify files
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source
files pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)
(2014-12-17, 06:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can ignore that error message. if you come across further SQL errors then post here.

And I'd suggest to verify files
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source
files pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)

Hi .m.,
Thanks for the swift attendance :-)

I'll follow your suggestion and verify the files asap.

Ollie
Like M stated, its probably a plugin issue. To prevent these issues, its best to disable, and upgrade the plugins, so long as its implemented for the 1.8.X series!
(2014-12-18, 03:28 PM)Orianthi Wrote: [ -> ]Like M stated, its probably a plugin issue. To prevent these issues, its best to disable, and upgrade the plugins, so long as its implemented for the 1.8.X series!

I don't have any plug-ins activated yet.

I did the file verification, and only install files were missing as to be expected.

I guess I just ignore it like M suggested.

Thanks for both of your feedback.

Oliver