MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enable PM's by default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My users are having trouble private messaging each other. Since they are not used to MyBB, they expect there to be a "PM this user" link on every profile. In all honesty, I did too. Is there any way to mak it to where the check boxes " Receive private messages from other users" and "Alert with notice when new private message is received" checkboxes are checked by default?
There should be. It's under "User Contact Details" The wording is a bit different. It should be titled "Private Message: Send {username} a private message."

That is in every user's profile. If you're talking about adding a "PM USER" button beneath everyone's avatar that is located in the forum post, then you'll have to do some template editing I believe.
^ I'm perfectly fine with template editing. But yes, I'm trying to make the "PM USER" button to every profile page.
You need ZingaBurga's Template Conditionals. I never build a site without it.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464

That will make placing the PM a user wherever you like on every profile page possible.

Regarding the checkboxes; in your theme in the registration page all the extra checkboxes are removed from the html. Really they should be hidden fields and then the default values will be carried over, as it is now they are all not filled in.

You need to contact the theme author or read through BradT's MyBB Humanization project.
Are you referring to the
<input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1"  {$receivepmscheck}  />

line?
Couldn't I just add that to the registration template?
That is already in the registration template in the default theme. Set it as hidden - look at the default theme templates.