MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum requirement for mybb for VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Currently i have 2 vps.

1. vps features.

128 MB Ram
10 GB disk space
500GB monthly transfer

and another vps

2. vps features

1 Xeon vCPU
1 public IP
512MB ECC RAM
10GB SSD
100 Mbit Network
500GB monthly transfer

my question does this 2 vps support about 200 online member at a time and about 1 million registered user and about 10 million post and thread.

please suggest me does 1 or 2 vps accept this all.
That depends not only on activity, but also on plugins and other custom codes.

Also, keep in mind that it's a good thing to buy a hosting according to the current state, not a possible state in the future. Your forum you linked here is far away from the numbers mentioned in your post, so you would be overpaying.
Currently I am going to open 2 forum. One is support forum for www.rrshost.com that is forum.rrshost.com and another is general purpose forum all everything. That is rhforums.com.

So I need a help in choosing vps with good features so it will support my forum.

Can you please tell me can i build large forum with vps requirements I mention above.

Or if not. Then please suggest me which types of plan should I buy.
(2014-12-18, 09:10 AM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]Then please suggest me which types of plan should I buy.

As I said above, your forums are far away from the numbers you specified. Now and in the nearest future any VPS should work and later you can always move to something bigger. That's how it should work, I won't recommend you overpaying.
You don't need a VPS.
I like to design a huge forum like hackforums.net , bestblackhatforum.com , black hat world etc etc.

These are the forum contain thousands of user and millions of thread and at a time always about 300 members are online.

So I need best server features which takes heavy load.

Now my forum is new so I doesn't have post. But when I publish that and it get increasing day by day. Upgrading of forum. Or changing a sever or hosting platform or upgrading make difficult and it may also damage files. So I decided to make all facilities from starting itself.
Quote:Now my forum is new so I doesn't have post. But when I publish that and it get increasing day by day. Upgrading of forum. Or changing a sever or hosting platform or upgrading make difficult and it may also damage files. So I decided to make all facilities from starting itself.

It doesn't work like that. If that's your plan, you're going fail and lose a lot of money. You don't know if your forum is going to be successful and you don't know what kind of setup you're going to need. A MyBB forum with hundreds of thousands of posts can run fine on shared hosting. You're not going to get big overnight. You're not suddenly going to need to double your RAM or bandwidth. It will be a slow process.

You don't need a VPS.
(2014-12-18, 02:11 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]Now my forum is new so I doesn't have post. But when I publish that and it get increasing day by day. Upgrading of forum. Or changing a sever or hosting platform or upgrading make difficult and it may also damage files. So I decided to make all facilities from starting itself.

You still don't understand. If everyone in the world thought like you, small local shops would be started inside huge buildings just because the owners would be convinced that they may become supermarkets soon.. That doesn't make any sense, it would lead them to an obvious and quick bankruptcy.

Even with hard persistent work, it will take a long time to become as active as the mentioned forums. And I can't imagine their admins complaining about the need of moving files to another server, which is one of the simplest tasks when administrating big boards on a self-managed server. Do you really think they all started on a powerful VPS? No way. 

However, if you really want you can keep asking, but noone reasonable around here will tell you which heavy VPS you should buy at the moment...
Okay thanks. I understand your word. Okay I will continue with my 1st vps. If in future my forum became popular like other as I mentioned above some forum list. I will upgrade my vps or change server platform.
the forums which you have mentioned are not made in a day/week/month... its years of hard work... I don't think it's a wise decision to spend a huge amount of money on vps right at the start... why would you spend thousands of bucks from the day one when you might actually won't need it for few years.... shared hosting is more than enough....

if you have lots of money and don't know how to spend, use it for advertising your site and make it popular so you might actually get those huge numbers which demand a vps.... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2