MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to bother everyone again but having done the install fully and then deleting the install directory I can access the main screen of the forums (the one which lists all the forums) but whenever I click on any of the top buttons (eg Admin CP) to add forums I get page not found.
Quote:Not Found
The requested URL /member.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at corporaterockwhores.freestarthost.com Port 80

This seems to suggest that the files are missing but when I check on File Manager and on FlashFXP it says they are there.

I've reinstalled twice and still dont know what I'm doing wrong!

If anyone could take a look for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

The URL of the site is http://corporaterockwhores.freestarthost.com/forums

Thanks,

Tom
Sincere thanks Tochjo.

Sorry to be a pain again!

On rockforum.freestarthost.com (friends site) I am again able to access the forum listing but not any of the links. As this is a forum only site (I would like to make it so that when you type the URL you are taken straight to the forum. Do I need to set up a redirect to do this?

I tried to do the same thing again (see above) but this didnt work. However I did set the board URL to rockforum.freestarthost.com in the install.

Any ideas?

Once again thanks to Tochjo.
You're not a pain, we're here to assist Smile

I didn't entirely understand everything, so I'll try to explain what I did understand.

Quote:As this is a forum only site (I would like to make it so that when you type the URL you are taken straight to the forum. Do I need to set up a redirect to do this?
I don't understand; if I go to http://rockforum.freestarthost.com/ I see the forums right away. What do you wish to redirect?

Quote:I tried to do the same thing again (see above) but this didnt work. However I did set the board URL to rockforum.freestarthost.com in the install.
When you hover over one of the links now, you will see in the status bar that the link now contains a redundant /rockforum.freestarthost.com. You should remove this from the board URL setting.
If I go to corporaterockwhores.freestarthost.com and click Admin CP, I am taken to the CP, but if I go to rockforum.freestarthost.com I am taken to a page saying:

This page is missing.
To open a free hosting account (100 MB space, MySQL, PHP, Perl, FrontPage) click here

I'm not sure what is causing this. Ive got it set up so that if you go to corporaterockwhores.freestarthost.com/forums then you are taken to the same forums as rockforum.freestarthost.com (ie same threads members etc), which is great. But I can only access the Admin CP from the corporaterockwhores.freestarthost.com page. Whys this?

Once again thanks for your help.
This is related to the problem about the links not working. Use http://rockforum.freestarthost.com/admin/ to go to the Admin CP directly and adjust the Board URL there Smile
Sorry I'm being really dumb here Big Grin.

1) Using your link went to the CP
2) Change settings3
3) The existing URl in the Board URL box is corporaterockwhores.freestarthost.com/forums If i change this that means that it will be a totally separate forum from the other the corporaterockwhores one. What I would like to achieve is 2 URLs pointing to the same forum but with the ability to access the Admin CP from both.

Thanks for your continued support Smile

Tom
Fixed it Tochjo.

Thanks again.

Tom
No problem, feel free to keep asking if you have further questions Smile