MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why not set all 'Admin Permissions' to 'Yes', & how to add 'Supers' ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why would/should Admin not set all permissions at...
ACP >  Home > Admin Permissions > Default Permissions    (Configuration, Forums & Posts, Users & Groups, Templates & Style, Tools & Maintenance)
...to 'Yes' ?

Thoughts ?
in general, main administrator (super administrator) should have all the privileges and other Admins have some limits
one can't easily trust others ..
Thanks for the info.
Sometimes I cant trust my own old forgetful self .
Blush
I now see the 'super administrators' info at...
http://docs.mybb.com/1.6/User-Groups/
...and assume all is the same for 1.8 ?
Took a look at inc/config.php, for how to add a 2nd 'super administrator', but not sure how to edit the code.
Place to look for that info ?
(2014-12-19, 04:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general, main administrator (super administrator) should have all the privileges and other Admins have some limits
one can't easily trust others ..
you need to edit the config.php file found inside the inc folder on your forum root... you need to use a FTP client like FileZilla or Smart FTP....

in the config.php file find the below line and add more members by adding their uid separated by comma... but as said above its not recommended to allow a unknown person to have Super admin privileges...

$config['super_admins'] = '1';
Thanks for the info !
So, if I change the config.php line to...
$config['super_admins'] = '1,5';
...that will add user, with uid#5, to the super admin list ?
(2014-12-19, 07:44 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]in the config.php file find the below line and add more members by adding their uid separated by comma... but as said above its not recommended to allow a unknown person to have Super admin privileges...
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
Ps: Where to find list of 'super admins' in ACP ?
yes that will put user with uid5 as Super Admin and on par with you... remember its not going to give any additional permissions/powers to the uid5 except the ability to delete/ban you which he can't do it now... you can't see the super admin list in ACP, as it is not a separate group with a different set of permissions... its just same as the Administrators group, but immune to banning/deletion by other admins...
Thanks much for the confirmation !!!
(2014-12-26, 02:15 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]yes that will put user with uid5 as Super Admin and on par with you... remember its not going to give any additional permissions/powers to the uid5 except the ability to delete/ban you which he can't do it now... you can't see the super admin list in ACP, as it is not a separate group with a different set of permissions... its just same as the Administrators group, but immune to banning/deletion by other admins...
Thanks for the info link.
Am subscribed.
(2014-12-26, 04:36 AM)terzier Wrote: [ -> ]same as my thread here  Blush