MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: issues after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
from 1.6 to 1.8

www.snowmobileamerica.com/forum

buddylist just links to #

Smilies don't work

Quote:Is the site acting a little funny? Or just me? When pming, it wont open my buddy list. When posting a picture, it wont open the dialogue box where you paste the photobucket link.
Quote:I had similar issues

Quote:are you seeing the same site problems that I am? I cant post pics. My PM buddy list doesnt work. The "quote" feature has disappeared as an option. And at the top of this page, the heading is screwy - there are 4 bullet points that say "search" "memberlist" "calendar" Help" and they dont look quite right. If this keeps up I am going to want my annual membershhip fee refunded.

http://www.snowmobileamerica.com/forum/s...p?tid=2780

the navigation seems to be missing at the top

new thread option is missing all the styling etc I see here.
have you updated the templates after upgrading MyBB version
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

you may like to install a new theme and use it for your forum
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
That did turn out to be most of the issue, I figured it out not long after posting this.

It appears that my thank/like system I was using is no longer 1.8 compatible either Sad about to go look for an updated version.
^ see recent posts on the plugin's release thread
(2014-10-30, 06:33 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]Check this reply and the subsequent ones...

a different Thanks plugin is available for MyBB 1.8.x
MyBB 1.8.x compatible plugins available at Extend section
just had it fixed when I checked back here, also added "thanks" Smile

thank you for your help.

only issue I still have is that the navigation thread at the top looks incomplete.

only shows thread, not hierarchy to the thread.
^ have you checked navigation templates - may be their content is changed
and it would appear I just broke tapatalks like system

"There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded. "
^ looks like there is some problem with the Diff report.
you can simply revert the navigation templates (through options button next to the template on the templates listing page)
my only option for navigation is expand/collapse

then each individual gives me options -> full edit
^ looks like latest news bar (marquee) is obstructing appearance of the navigation links !
you have to move the code used for that news bar ..
Pages: 1 2