MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After merge, login not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've read this forum and tried the other solutions but nothing is working.

I converted my ipb v.3 board to mybb 1.8 board, and one of my users pointed out that they were unable to log in.

So I reset the password in the ACP, but that isn't working either.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.
is loginconvert plugin activated and logins are working in general ?

password change done from admin panel (user profile) should work.
if required you can try changing password through SQL by using blank for the salt
see SQL queries guidance for the password change related queries
(2014-12-21, 05:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]is loginconvert plugin activated and logins are working in general ?

password change done from admin panel (user profile) should work.
if required you can try changing password through SQL by using blank for the salt
see SQL queries guidance for the password change related queries

Hi,

Yes the loginconvert file is in the proper place and activated.

I have changed the password a few times via the ACP and tested the login myself and it just won't log in.

I've also noticed that every single user that was converted is showing "active within the last 1 min" ....which is very strange because I know 7K users aren't logging in at once.

So I set up a clean test board and only converted the users and still having the issue with multiple accounts. Even if I change the password in the ACP, it won't let me log in with my test accounts.

Another Update:

I notice when I change the passwords in the ACP they MD5 and salt do change in phpmyadmin as well. So it seems the password is being updated, but for some odd reason it isn't working for the user to log in.
The acp reset isn't working atm, there's one missing check in the plugin file. Also the "lastactive" thing is a known bug I've fixed already in the development version.
Please update the plugin to the latest version and retest it. The new version fixes at least the password reset function in the frontend.
(2014-12-21, 08:36 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]The acp reset isn't working atm, there's one missing check in the plugin file. Also the "lastactive" thing is a known bug I've fixed already in the development version.
Please update the plugin to the latest version and retest it. The new version fixes at least the password reset function in the frontend.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I did replace the file as you suggested.

It did seem to fix the password reset from the front end. I did test it with an account and it did work.

Looking forward to the fixes so I can do it in the ACP as well.

Thanks for all your hard work to provide us with this great software!
I just converted a PunBB board to MyBB 1.8.

loginconvert works correctly when users know their passwords. But if they try to reset password in MyBB, or if administrator changes the password from ACP it never works.

The problem is that changing the password with the above two methods does not set  passwordconvert, passwordconverttype and passwordconvertsalt in database to NULL

As a result loginconvert plugin still activates upon login and tries to match to the old password.

I was not sure what hooks to use to call loginconvert_pw_reset, so I patched the following two files to make it work correctly:

inc/functions_user.php at the end of function update_password

$mergesystem = array();
$mergesystem['passwordconvert'] = 'NULL';
$mergesystem['passwordconvertsalt'] = 'NULL';
$mergesystem['passwordconverttype'] = 'NULL';
$db->update_query("users", $mergesystem, "uid='$uid'", "", true);                                                                                

inc/datahandlers/user.php at the end of function update_user
if(isset($user['saltedpw']))
{
$mergesystem = array();
$mergesystem['passwordconvert'] = 'NULL';
$mergesystem['passwordconvertsalt'] = 'NULL';
$mergesystem['passwordconverttype'] = 'NULL';
$db->update_query("users", $mergesystem, "uid='{$user['uid']}'", "", true);
}

IMPORTANT: This will only work if merge system was run, otherwise I am not sure if the passwordconvert and other two fields will be in the database.
That's already fixed in the development version linked above.