MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from md5 to sha1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I run online RPG games that pull account info from the mybb 1.6 forum database. When a user wants to register for my games, they simply have to register on the forum and they instantly access all my games.
I've updated my 1.6 mybb password encryption from md5 to sha1, but after updating to 1.8, I am unable to use sha1 for some reason now. Even after updating to sha1 on 1.8, I am unablt to log in. So until I can figure this out, I am forced to revert back to mybb 1.6.
I read there have been security updates in 1.8 so this may be the cause.

Any ideas?
removed
Its not about is being more or less secure. Nobody is getting into my database, ever. My server files and games run accounts with sha1 and thats how its been reading @ http://SubGlobal.net. Until I come to a point in reconnecting all accounts into a singular database, they'll have to remain separate registrations for new users, unfortunately.

But instead of offering assistance, how kind of you for creating this rumor that I'm a criminal, ozgroundz...

Mybb staff, can I get some support here? Much appreciated.
What changes are you making to enable sha1? Without seeing them, it's difficult to say what the problem might be.