MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation mails & downgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. How can I downgrade from 1.8.3 to 1.6 (since there is more plugins and etc for 1.6) While keeping the current users, threads, and posts, and etc? (I am also using a software installer from my cpanel)

2. Some activation emails are not sending. Why?
1. Downgrades are not supported by us. I'll only tell you that you need to have database/files backup of 1.6, otherwise it will be a very hard task.

2. Do your users check the spam folder? Did you check the System Email Log in ACP -> Tools & Maintenance?

Also, please choose relevant titles for your threads.
(2014-12-21, 08:25 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Downgrades are not supported by us. I'll only tell you that you need to have database/files backup of 1.6, otherwise it will be a very hard task.

That doesn't make any sense.
What do you mean "You don't support downgrades"
Wtf?
(2014-12-21, 08:37 PM)AlphaDiscussion Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't make any sense.
What do you mean "You don't support downgrades"
Wtf?

There's no way to downgrade without restoring backups. If you want to downgrade manually we can't help you with that.
By that I mean that we don't support downgrades. There was no hidden message or anything like that. I don't know what doesn't make sense in that sentence for you.

There aren't and won't be MyBB downgrade scripts (hardly any software has them), the only way to go to previous version is restoring your backup (which I wouldn't call downgrading) and there are many tutorials on that matter. But judging by your reply you don't have a backup.

So if you want to discuss maturely the 2nd problem described here, please go ahead. If not, I'll have to close this thread.