MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting Wordpress plugin to MyBB plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I have found a plugin, OneBox, for Wordpress that seens to accomplish what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to start a forum for my Final Fantasy XIV group. The game revolves around items. The website XIVDB is a database for all of these items. I'd like to be able to link to these items on my boards. The OneBox plugin supports the XIVDB database. I know more about Wordpress than MyBB, but both use the .PHP framework, so I'm hoping possibly the plugin can be tweaked for MyBB?

I found a plugin for MyBB that does exactly what I want called FF Item Links. However, the database it uses to pull information from no longer exists, and so the plugin is broken. XIVDB allows for the use of their database/information, but I have no idea how to implement the XIVDB into FF Item Link, or even if it's possible, considering XIVDB uses tooltips. (EDIT: APPARENTLY, "tooltips" are exactly what I want. Someone in a thread here is attempting to accomplish exactly what I am, except for Discourse, instead of MyBB. In the thread, he references BB boards all over the place, so I'm hoping that this should be relatively easy to accomplish?)

Thank you so much for your time. Any help would be very appreciated!