MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Thread Button on The Bottom of Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried that before and that breaks the page, yet doesn't fix the problem. See attachment.

[attachment=33353]

(2014-12-22, 10:14 AM)SpaceModz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 10:12 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]add this to the beginning of the template...

<div class="float_right">
	{$newthread}
</div>

Thanks for your help

SpaceModz, does your New Thread button float to the right of the top of the page now? Not to the left like mine does?

Anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Posting the code here after having inserted changes which break the page:

<div class="float_left">
    {$multipage}
</div>
<div class="float_right">
    {$newthread}
</div>
<br/>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder clear">
	<tr>
		<td class="thead" colspan="{$colspan}">
			<div class="float_right">
				<a href="misc.php?action=markread&amp;fid={$fid}{$post_code_string}" class="effect" title="{$lang->markforum_read}"><i class="fa fa-check-square fa-lg"></i></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;
              	<a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}" class="effect" title="{$add_remove_subscription_text}"><i class="fa fa-plus-square fa-lg"></i></a>{$clearstoredpass}
			</div>
			<div>
				<strong>{$foruminfo['name']}</strong>
			</div>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr style="display: none;">
		<td class="tcat" colspan="2" width="66%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=subject&amp;order=asc">{$lang->thread}</a> {$orderarrow['subject']} / <a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=starter&amp;order=asc">{$lang->author}</a> {$orderarrow['starter']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=replies&amp;order=desc">{$lang->replies}</a> {$orderarrow['replies']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>
		{$ratingcol}
		<td class="tcat" align="right" width="20%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></span></td>
		{$inlinemodcol}
	</tr>
	{$selectall}
	{$announcementlist}
	{$threads}
	<tr>
		<td class="tfoot" align="right" colspan="{$colspan}">
			<form action="forumdisplay.php" method="get">
				<input type="hidden" name="fid" value="{$fid}" />
				<select name="sortby">
					<option value="subject" {$sortsel['subject']}>{$lang->sort_by_subject}</option>
					<option value="lastpost" {$sortsel['lastpost']}>{$lang->sort_by_lastpost}</option>
					<option value="starter" {$sortsel['starter']}>{$lang->sort_by_starter}</option>
					<option value="started" {$sortsel['started']}>{$lang->sort_by_started}</option>
					{$ratingsort}
					<option value="replies" {$sortsel['replies']}>{$lang->sort_by_replies}</option>
					<option value="views" {$sortsel['views']}>{$lang->sort_by_views}</option>
				</select>
				<select name="order">
					<option value="asc" {$ordersel['asc']}>{$lang->sort_order_asc}</option>
					<option value="desc" {$ordersel['desc']}>{$lang->sort_order_desc}</option>
				</select>
				<select name="datecut">
					<option value="1" {$datecutsel['1']}>{$lang->datelimit_1day}</option>
					<option value="5" {$datecutsel['5']}>{$lang->datelimit_5days}</option>
					<option value="10" {$datecutsel['10']}>{$lang->datelimit_10days}</option>
					<option value="20" {$datecutsel['20']}>{$lang->datelimit_20days}</option>
					<option value="50" {$datecutsel['50']}>{$lang->datelimit_50days}</option>
					<option value="75" {$datecutsel['75']}>{$lang->datelimit_75days}</option>
					<option value="100" {$datecutsel['100']}>{$lang->datelimit_100days}</option>
					<option value="365" {$datecutsel['365']}>{$lang->datelimit_lastyear}</option>
					<option value="9999" {$datecutsel['9999']}>{$lang->datelimit_beginning}</option>
				</select>
				{$prefixselect}
				{$gobutton}
			</form>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
<div class="float_left" style="margin-top: 10px;">
	{$multipage}
</div>
<div class="float_right" style="margin-top: 17px;">
	{$newthread}
</div>
<br class="clear" />
<br />
<div class="float_right" style="text-align: right;">
	{$inlinemod}
	{$searchforum}
	{$forumjump}
</div>
<br class="clear" />
{$inline_edit_js}
check the image from your forum... the divs are not closed correctly, which breaks the forum...

[Image: image.png]
(2014-12-22, 12:23 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]check the image from your forum... the divs are not closed correctly, which breaks the forum...

I'm not following you now. For every <div> I see a </div>, so which div are you suggesting is not closed correctly? See the template code in my post above.
(2014-12-22, 12:32 PM)amanda2014 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not following you now. For every <div> I see a </div>, so which div are you suggesting is not closed correctly? See the template code in my post above.

first point, closing divs need not have class property added to it.. (red arrows)

and the blue arrows denote you have already closed the #wrapper and #content divs even before starting the threadlist.. they should be closed just before the footer...

Regarding the blue arrows, which template do I make these changes in for the wrapper and the content?

Regarding the red arrows, I don't know why it shows up like that, it doesn't in the threadlist template as you can see in my quoted code above. Is there another template in which I should make this change?
(2014-12-22, 12:50 PM)amanda2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the blue arrows, which template do I make these changes in for the wrapper and the content?

Regarding the red arrows, I don't know why it shows up like that, it doesn't in the threadlist template as you can see in my quoted code above. Is there another template in which I should make this change?

the bold part triggered the idea.. it might sound childish but.....

could you check the space between "div" and "class=float_right", there should be just one char. space, i think there is one too many spaces... you can try to delete (backspace) the space and then leave just one char. (spacebar)....

or just type those two divs manually instead of copy paste.... that should fix both...
(2014-12-22, 01:06 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 12:50 PM)amanda2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the blue arrows, which template do I make these changes in for the wrapper and the content?

the bold part triggered the idea.. it might sound childish but.....

could you check the space between "div" and "class=float_right", there should be just one char. space, i think there is one too many spaces... you can try to delete (backspace) the space and then leave just one char. (spacebar)....

or just type those two divs manually instead of copy paste.... that should fix both...

No, no extra space in between "div" and "class=float_right". I do think this is a complicated issue as my tech admin wasn't able to solve it. Thanks for doing your best to help me!
Pages: 1 2