MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide deleted posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Busy using 1.8 Smile I like the show hide for posts from ignored users and I would love to use that for deleted posts as well.

Example : this post is deleted, so I would see this in the showthread:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=33354]

Is this possible in a theme? I use template conditionals.
It is possible, i'm using that in one my themes and it works without any problems. I've sent you a PM with instructions (experimental, but if it's stable i'll share it with the rest of community).

[Image: INYHz9k.png]
Thats great Johnny - thank you very much. I will see if I can use it; maybe it would be an idea to post in the MyBB suggestions so this can get implemented as core? Seeing all the deleted posts is a bit of a pain; unapproved I can sort of see the point.

I do realise that the deleted posts are only visible to moderators and up but I would like the board to look good for them too Smile
In current state soft delete posts and unapprove posts have almost the same function (?) - posts aren't hidden (like on vb or like on your preview above). Showing deleted post in the same way as "ignored post" is more functional. Zinga had a soft delete plugin (for 1.4 and 1.6) that could hide soft deleted stuff (both threads and posts) and that approach was a great one.
I never used the deleted posts plugin from Zinga Burga, but I do use VBulletin a lot on other sites and the way that deleted posts are handled in VB is : soft delete - everyone sees a message that the post is deleted and hard delete - well, its hard deleted so it is gone.

There are some disadvantages to having soft deleted posts visible; gossip and so on in that forum community, but it also has advantages as users are not left wondering what happened to their post. It would be a great enhancement imo for all soft deleted posts to show with a deleted status (just a message saying deleted etc as in our screenshots) with an option for moderators to open up that post and hard delete/restore it as appropriate.
Could you PM me the code too? I would love to hide soft deleted posts. Thanks!
hi, is there a way to hide the label "Deleted Thread"?

thx
how to hide this "Deleted Thread" text?