MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick bit of background.

Basically upgraded to 1.6.16 on Wednesday, site worked perfectly then around 12:30pm on Sunday 21st the site wouldn't load up at all.

I've been dealing with my host now for almost 2 days now and their conclusion is it must be something to do with the files (they even said I probably have been hacked), so this evening I restored a backup from minutes before I performed the upgrade and the site won't load.

I have also tried downloading the full 1.8.3 package to upgrade and see if that would work, however when I go to /install/ it loads the page informing me that I should upgrade yet when I click on upgrade it doesn't load and throws me a blank page again.

Obviously I'm fairly certain it's a server side issue, but want to cover my bases before I go back to the host and deal with them any more.

So has anyone experience something like this in the past or might be able to direct me in the right direction of what might be the problem.
Can you be more specific about what you're seeing when you visit your forum? A blank page? A connection error?
Well it's doing neither really, just constantly loading and not resolving the index.php at all

I did upload it without the config.php by mistake and it loaded the error page instantly, when I uploaded the config it stop loading altogether

However the host is adamant that it's not the DB that's the problem, even uploaded a test file to connect and that connected fine

Just realized I've posted this thread in the 1.8 support section, apologies if this is in the wrong forum
Are you trying to upgrade a 1.6 forum to a 1.8 forum?
Yes and no.

I was running 1.6.16

Website wasn't loading after a week since I performed that upgrade (from 1.6.xx)

Host told me problem wasn't their end, said it was the MyBB files (possibly been hacked)

Used backup files from last known working date (1.6.xx), website still didn't load

Used fresh MyBB 1.8.3 to upgrade the database to see if that fixed it, wouldn't load upgrade.php

currently back on the 1.6.16 files back where I started

I didn't upload the config.php on the last upload and the site loaded the Errors page perfect, however when I uploaded the config.php the site stopped loading again.

I have checked the contents of config.php and it matches what the database details are

Further edit, I made a little change to the hostname in the config.php and it chucked up the not installed error, soon as I pointed that back to the correct hostname it stopped loading immediately...would that suggest that it is a DB/Connection issue?

Today's update

Host has come out and said that the config.php issue isn't causing the site to not load and has basically told me to come to the MyBB support to fix it for them as they are adamant it's the files causing the issue.

Though I fail to see how since I wiped the server and uploaded a fresh 1.8.3 and still wouldn't load when connecting to the DB

This has been resolved, went with a new host, within minutes of them migrating the database and files over it was working again