MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread closed button not showing to moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You have to set the css background rule as !important

a.st_1 {
    background: red !important;
}
(2015-01-01, 02:48 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]You have to set the css background rule as !important

a.st_1 {
    background: red !important;
}

Hello SvePu

No that didn't work either.
* Leefish weeps - important.

I didn't have to use that..... its like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

@sarisisop - if you give me acp access I can do this for you in minutes.
(2015-01-01, 03:48 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]* Leefish weeps - important.

I didn't have to use that..... its like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

@sarisisop - if you give me acp access I can do this for you in minutes.

Hello Leefish

No offence to you and I appreciate you offering to help, but I don't give anyone access to Admin.

Plus I would like to try and understand how to do these things myself.
No offence taken; I cant help you any further as I would need at least moderator powers to view the issue on your site (assuming I knew the url). The concept works; I use it a lot.

Try using your browser tools; make sure its not in the closed template but the normal template.
just a note to support Leefish and the other great oranges - I've allowed acp access a few times to MyBB staff when I needed help and I can say they all act highly professionally when doing this.

However I also agree with your point on doing stuff ones self. As this is the best way to learn and require less support in the future.

Just wanted to really say that IMO the MyBB guys are highly trustworthy.

Big Grin
quick thought - is your button an image? If so, this background-color approach wont work and you would have to replace the background image in the css.
@Leefish Yes it's in the right template but thank you for trying anyway, I'll have another play around with it tomorrow if not I'll just put up with it.

@GCZone Yes I know they are trustworthy and I've seen enough of Leefish around the place to know it would be fine, but it's just me and this isn't a big issue. It's more of a niggle to me than anything else, should I ever have a big problem then I wouldn't hesitate to give MyBB Staff access.

EDIT: Sorry posted before seeing you question.

Yes it's an image
ok, if the whole button is an image then the background color is behind it - I use CSS buttons you see. I would have to see the board and a thread as a moderator to have a chance to fix it.

Basically, try going to the showthread css and find the css for the button; then we can ADD the st_1 to the end of the class and serve a different image (the closed image).
I have sent you a PM
Pages: 1 2 3