MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't install theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have downloaded a theme, and from my acp tried to import the theme. It reports that the zip file is uploaded, but then says there is no theme there. Am I doing something wrong?
You have to import the XML file in the Zip file, not the Zip file itself.
I see. Apparently I have to install plugin mybb skins too, except I can't find that anywhere. Can you give me a link for it?
(2014-12-23, 01:02 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I see. Apparently I have to install plugin mybb skins too, except I can't find that anywhere. Can you give me a link for it?

Do that in the File Manager
I have no idea what file manager is.
I have no idea where to upload the theme files to.
I try to import and it says this is for the wrong version, but I don't know which of the files is for the right version.

Is it possible someone can give me a proper full answer please?
(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what file manager is.
As the name implies, it is what you use to manage the files.

(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea where to upload the theme files to.
Read the documentation. It was written for that reason.

(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I try to import and it says this is for the wrong version, but I don't know which of the files is for the right version.
If you are using MyBB 1.8 - You cannot use themes from MyBB 1.6 without modifying them. Since you clearly do not have the skills to modify them - you should download MyBB 1.8 themes.

(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible someone can give me a proper full answer please?
Read the documentation first, search google second, then come here and provide as much information as possible. like mybb version, theme name and version, dependencies, the error message or descriptive instructions on how to replicate the issue. Then and only then MIGHT you get a proper full answer.
(2014-12-23, 05:43 AM)Gx00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what file manager is.
As the name implies, it is what you use to manage the files.

I use Explorer to manage my files. You#re so clever in your sarcasm.

(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea where to upload the theme files to.
Read the documentation. It was written for that reason.

I have. It does not cover this issue.

(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I try to import and it says this is for the wrong version, but I don't know which of the files is for the right version.
If you are using MyBB 1.8 - You cannot use themes from MyBB 1.6 without modifying them. Since you clearly do not have the skills to modify them - you should download MyBB 1.8 themes.

The theme is for 1.8 so it states...

(2014-12-23, 01:16 AM)boristhemoggy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible someone can give me a proper full answer please?
Read the documentation first, search google second, then come here and provide as much information as possible. like mybb version, theme name and version, dependencies, the error message or descriptive instructions on how to replicate the issue. Then and only then MIGHT you get a proper full answer.

I read the documentation which doesn't have the answers in. I did google, I found a forum with people on to help me.

I see that some don't wish to help.
Do you feel better for wasting so much time being sarcastic to me instead of just explaining how to resolve the issue? You must feel so clever right now.
I'll find another forum where perhaps I may find people who are prepared to help out.

(2014-12-23, 05:47 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-164561.html

Why couldn't you have just done that in the first place?
Thanks for the help, although it doesn't work for this theme but don't worry I won't ask any more questions of you.