MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vienna Theme Looks Strange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Guys/Gals. 

This has me puzzled... 

Installed the Vienna theme though It doesn't look right? Take a look for yourselves, any ideas?  Huh

[Image: m9iwNxC.png?1]

I've uploaded the whole of the theme to the "images" folder, help please! 
Bump Sad
hello u must have done something wrong then
because the image that is over lapping bellow the thead section its actually the background for the hole theme
can u pls post a site link so i can have a look?
Hmmm.... I have literally just uploaded the theme into "images" and imported the theme.

Okay the problem with giving you a link is that I've just started to transfer a domain across to my host so It doesn't really work at the moment though.

I'm not sure how far you're going to go to help me but you can edit your machines host file if your on a windows based machine to visit my site?

- First open NotePad as an administrator, which you can do by clicking the start menu, searching for "Notepad", right-clicking the icon when the search finds it and clicking "Run as Administrator"

- Once it's open, click "file" and then "Open" and then navigate to the following Directory

C:\ drive > Windows > system32 > drivers > etc

- In the "etc" folder you may not see any files, so make sure that next to the "file name" text box the drop down menu displays "All files (*.*)" and not "Text documents (*.txt)"

- When you can see the file "Hosts" click to open it

- On a blank line at the bottom of this file put 185.24.99.98 gamingwindow.com www.gamingwindow.com

- Save the file, making sure to overwrite the original file. To ensure it saves as "Hosts" and not "Hosts.txt" when you save, again make sure the dropdown menu is set to "All files (*.*)

- Restart your computer and You should be all done!
domanis can take up to 48 hours to propagate
usually 10 to 12 hours or less
well the far im getting is to get that theme working fine for you
Oh yes I understand.

I've not used MyBB in a long time though the process to import a theme hasn't changed?

With the contents of Vienna I upload them to the images folder within the MyBB installation files then go to the admin panel and import theme once I've done just change the theme to default.

Is that correct?
yes it is
Hmmm.... I don't understand why it looks the way it does then
I could help, give me your forum's URL.
Hey!

My domain is in the process of being transferred at the moment so the only way you can acess the site is to do the following. 

- First open NotePad as an administrator, which you can do by clicking the start menu, searching for "Notepad", right-clicking the icon when the search finds it and clicking "Run as Administrator"

- Once it's open, click "file" and then "Open" and then navigate to the following Directory

C:\ drive > Windows > system32 > drivers > etc

- In the "etc" folder you may not see any files, so make sure that next to the "file name" text box the drop down menu displays "All files (*.*)" and not "Text documents (*.txt)"

- When you can see the file "Hosts" click to open it

- On a blank line at the bottom of this file put 185.24.99.98 gamingwindow.com www.gamingwindow.com

- Save the file, making sure to overwrite the original file. To ensure it saves as "Hosts" and not "Hosts.txt" when you save, again make sure the dropdown menu is set to "All files (*.*)

- Restart your computer and You should be all done!

Actually my domain should have finished being transferred tomorrow so I'll bump the thread then.

Quicker than I thought.

www.gamingwindow.com now works.

Anyone?

Just tried a whole load of other themes and they display fine but this one doesn't  Huh
Pages: 1 2