MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I make the forum a separate part of an existing website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to put a forum on my website, but I already have a home page. How do I make it so that the forum will only show when I click the 'forum' button on the home page?
Upload the files to a folder named /forum/. Redirecting can be done by using .htaccess redirect rule or a index.php file

example index.php file to redirect from root folder to forum folder
<?php
   header( 'Location: /forum' ) ;
?>
(2014-12-24, 07:27 PM)geazy Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the files to a folder named /forum/. Redirecting can be done by using .htaccess redirect rule or a index.php file

example index.php file to redirect from root folder to forum folder

<?php
   header( 'Location: /forum' ) ;
?>

So do I put that code into the existing index.php file?
PM me your inc/config.php contents. My hosting is down so I can't really see what's in the files.
(2014-12-24, 07:57 PM)geazy Wrote: [ -> ]PM me your inc/config.php contents. My hosting is down so I can't really see what's in the files.

I have no config.php in my inc folder, however, I do have a file called config.default.php, which is empty.
(2014-12-24, 08:18 PM)ashjack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-24, 07:57 PM)geazy Wrote: [ -> ]PM me your inc/config.php contents. My hosting is down so I can't really see what's in the files.

I have no config.php in my inc folder, however, I do have a file called config.default.php, which is empty.

Is this a fresh install? Have you tried making the folder /forum/ in root then uploading the mybb contents then installing?
(2014-12-24, 07:15 PM)ashjack Wrote: [ -> ]I want to put a forum on my website, but I already have a home page. How do I make it so that the forum will only show when I click the 'forum' button on the home page?

just create a new folder (say "forum") in your root folder and upload the mybb files inside the folder and install the forum... after installing, edit the home page and add a link to the forum...

<a href="http:www.yourdomain.com/forum">Forum</a>