MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054 - Unknown column 'postnum' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I have just upgraded from 1.6.13 to 1.6.14 and run the upgrade script.  Then I applied the changed files packages for 1.6.15 and 1.6.16.  I went thru and tested some things and found that registrations no longer work.  I also get this error when attempting to edit profile of an existing user.  Looks like the same issue as this post, but the query recommended there has not helped.

Quote:SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'postnum' in 'field list'

Query:
SELECT name, postnum, type, fid, required, maxlength FROM mybb_profilefields WHERE editable=1 ORDER BY disporder

I have tried executing the below query (from phpMyAdmin), but received an error #1060 - Duplicate column name 'postnum'

ALTER TABLE mybb_profilefields ADD postnum INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

I have also loaded a fresh install of 1.6.16, then overwrote it with all my previous files and then imported a backup of the database, thinking it would just add new data but hopefully clear up old problems.  This has not helped either.  From what I can see, the column is in the table, so I am not sure why MyBB is complaining.

Any ideas on this one, specific things to check, etc?  I am doing these lesser upgrades first, to make sure that everything still works, etc., before making the jump to 1.8.x.  I don't want to proceed any further (to 1.8.x) until this one is worked out.

Thank you!