MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Feed Poster is not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
yesterday i upload RSS Feed Poster to my forum. www.turizmagazin.com
when i click start this task now than it is working and taking the feed (rss) from other pages and opining new topics. but it is working just when i'm clicking. there is time schedule why it is not working as schedulled!

thank you for helping
I also have a problem with this Plugin. For me, even manually clicking to start the scheduled task will not result in a new thread. I'll look into the PHP, because the functionality is really great, and I'd love to have it. Too bad there's no error logging to be found...
Check if fopen, curl, fscokopen are enabled on server.

Then you're on 1.6 or 1.8?
Hej there, thanks for looking into that. I updated to 1.8.3 today, and my web server runs cURL, fopen is disabled, fscokopen is not even in phpinfo(), so I assume it's not installed. But I think the program successfully pulls the feeds, it just doesn't manage to work them out:

I went into the code of the plugin (inc/tasks/rssfeedposter.php) and activated a few of the uncommented add_task_log functions to get more information and inserted a few of my own to see how far he program comes.
I found that the program won't run successfully if it ever failed, because regardless of success it updates the "last checked" time. Therefore, any new attempt to check the feed will be aborted.
I overrode the time check, and voila, I got into the right if-branch, it connects to the feeds, but then the XML reading fails:

if (!xml_parse($xml_parser, $feeddata)) 

is entered, so obviously it can't parse the data.

I don't get why that would fail... I'm reading from german sources, so possibly there's an umlaut problem... I'll look into that further, feels like there's just a wee bit wrong and I need to prepare the XML-Data somehow. It's been a while since I've sunk my teeth into XML parsing, so any help would be appreciated. Smile

EDIT: It yields the XML error code 4, which is "The parser found the markup character '<' in an attribute value.". Now this is interesting. What the heck is wrong with my RSS feed... need to dig deeper... (my feed is this)