MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: display 10 messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello , I want to create a box in my forums header that shows 10 private messages . Is there any plugin for it? if not, I'm asking you a query to display 10 messages. Would you mind help me?I look forward to receiving the answer. Thanks for your attention.
Huh
replies here might help
(2014-12-25, 02:23 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]replies here might help

Would you please suggest other solutions?
^ basically that is the method to follow !
actually we need only the unread messages to be listed - right ? if there are more than single unread message then
such messages up to a certain limit should be displayed. code can be made by taking above suggested method
(2014-12-25, 03:30 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ basically that is the method to follow !
actually we need only the unread messages to be listed - right ? if there are more than single unread message then
such messages up to a certain limit should be displayed. code can be made by taking above suggested method

No, I just want to display the last ten messages, whether they are read or not.

same as : [Image: 2z4icmg.jpg]

I want only a query. Please help me.
If you need only a query, here it is Smile
SELECT pm.subject, pm.message, pm.pmid, pm.dateline, fu.username AS fromusername, fu.uid AS fromuid
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."privatemessages pm
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users fu on (fu.uid=pm.fromid)
		WHERE pm.folder = '1' AND pm.uid = '{$mybb->user['uid']}' AND pm.status = '0'
		ORDER BY pm.dateline DESC
		LIMIT 10
Hi

edit my plugin
change query limit and hook to global, rebuild tempaltes
sory for post after post
look what I make it whit my plugin to 1point8 theme
[Image: sdPrPdg.png]
^ that looks very useful to the required persons
(2014-12-29, 04:05 PM)Supryk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

edit my plugin
change query limit and hook to global, rebuild tempaltes
Hey, the plugin you posted seems really interesting and I can't find any other place you posted it or talked about it except here Big Grin
I tried to add it to my current them by activating communicator plugin then using {$communicator} or {$communicator_index} without success, can you explain a bit more the way you integrate it to mybb themes ? (Why not post in extend -> plugin area ? ^^ this is a really nice plugin idea)