MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just setup a new MyBB forum but I tried to register a new account on the forum and I didn't receive a email that gives the verification link or anything related to it. It's basically a fresh install, but I dont know why it's not sending emails, is there a specific thing that I need to setup before hand so that it works?

User email log: http://gyazo.com/cccbc5375de9e94ffd5d6c279173a1b2 (No errors)

My forum: Templegaming.com

Thanks,
Nadim

bump?
Same problem here.

Check if a guest could send you an email from "contact" form (in the footer of your forum). Sad
check the system email logs...

check the spam folder and see whether the mail is sent there.. also whether the other mail functions work on your forum, try sending a mass mail from Admin CP or from a member profile.... Follow this doc and see whether you could send the mail... 
Hello, I've already checked the system email logs, and my email folder (inc junk folder).
I read the link to this doc (http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mail/) but I think it's wrong because I can't find the line:
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
into inc/functions.php file.

Could you help with this please?
did you try the test script first... what was the result....  Huh
The mail system uses a class. You should try the test script first though.
(2015-01-07, 06:26 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]did you try the test script first... what was the result....  Huh

Result: "Mail was sent by PHP"
But, no email went to the inbox (or junk mail).
This means problem with hosting?
maybe your hosting has the limitation that either the "From" or "To" address must be from the same domain as your forum... check the above mentioned doc and make the edit as suggested to include a sent_from email...
(2015-01-07, 11:16 PM)Foo_ Wrote: [ -> ]But, no email went to the inbox (or junk mail).

You did not forget to enter your email address in the script? (guess why I ask this Big Grin )