MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Until Reply.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like title say. Wink
This isn't really something which most forums require. As a forum is a discussion platform, why force someone to reply before being able to see what was posted? The only forums which use features like this are warez forums and forums which want to increase their post count. It would be more suitable to remain as a plugin.
(2014-12-26, 08:23 AM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't really something which most forums require. As a forum is a discussion platform, why force someone to reply before being able to see what was posted? The only forums which use features like this are warez forums and forums which want to increase their post count. It would be more suitable to remain as a plugin.

Well it can be Activable or Not, let the choice of use it or not to "Users". Wink
i agree with (Nathan Malcolm)
(2014-12-26, 10:01 AM)ZeroCool22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-26, 08:23 AM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't really something which most forums require. As a forum is a discussion platform, why force someone to reply before being able to see what was posted? The only forums which use features like this are warez forums and forums which want to increase their post count. It would be more suitable to remain as a plugin.

Well it can be Activable or Not, let the choice of use it or not to "Users". Wink

It's more suitable as a plugin. There are thousands of additional features which could be added to the core with a toggle option. This doesn't seem like something which is needed.
When debating whether something should be core or left as a plugin, we should look at a few factors:
* Is it something that a significant number of forums (say 35%) will use?
* Does the core API make it easy to implement the idea as a plugin?
* What is the overhead of having this as core and disabled?

I don't have answers to these questions. I don't know what you want hidden (external links, replies to a thread, or portions of a post within the thread), but I won't be using such functionality.