MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to adjust subforums layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I want a small editing in my sub forums layout.
So currently sub forums show horizontally as they show on all MyBB forums as shown below.

[attachment=33373]

I want to show them vertically like this. I made this image by editing the source code of page, but I can not find anything in forumbit_subforums to edit it as there is only one code

{$subforums}

[attachment=33374]

So how can I show subforums vertically instead of horizontal view ?

Regards.
ACP >> Templates >> Your Theme's Template >> Forum Bit Templates >> forumbit_depth3 >> Replace the code with

<br />{$statusicon}<a href="{$forum_url}" title="{$forum_viewers_text_plain}">{$forum['name']}</a>
I want to make 2 vertical columns of subforums. Please guide me how do I show them in columns?
(2014-12-27, 11:40 AM)singleboy Wrote: [ -> ]I want to make 2 vertical columns of subforums. Please guide me how do I show them in columns?

to make two columns, first goto

ACP >> Templates >> Your Theme's Template >> Forum Bit Templates >> forumbit_depth3 >> Replace the content with

<li>{$statusicon}<a href="{$forum_url}" title="{$forum_viewers_text_plain}">{$forum['name']}</a></li>

Step 2: ACP >> Templates >> Your Theme's Template >> Forum Bit Templates >> forumbit_subforums >> Replace the content with

<br />{$lang->subforums}<br /><ul class="sub_forums">{$sub_forums}</ul>

Step 3: Add this to global.css

.sub_forums {
list-style: none; 
margin: 0; 
padding: 0;
}

.sub_forums li {
width: 50%; 
float: left;
}

Save everything open your forums and do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) if you dont see the changes....

TIP: the "width: 50%" gives us the two column layout, changing that to 33% will give 3 columns, 100% will give single column and so on... Big Grin
I have made the above changes but it is still showing one column layout.
(2014-12-27, 04:12 PM)singleboy Wrote: [ -> ]I have made the above changes but it is still showing one column layout.

oops sorry, typo Toungue I forgot to close the li tag in forumbit_depth3 template.. please check the above post again and change it accordingly...
please guide me again, how do I close the li tag?

Thanks it is done.