MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE 6.0 crashes (solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Thank you for a great product. I love the quality, the security and the stability of MYBB.

Recently I have found a little problem:
When I use Internet Explorer 6.0 (IE) to browse http://community.mybboard.net/, or
to browse my own forum at my own server, the browser IE crashes.

The problem seems to exist after MYBB version 1.2.2.

Can you help me to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help / BR / Lars

My IE has the following version:
It doesn't crash here, with almost the same version as you. Do you get any message before it crashes or?
CraKteR Wrote:It doesn't crash here, with almost the same version as you. Do you get any message before it crashes or?

Hi,

I get the following message and error log (please find it below):

Kind regards / Lars
You get that error for any crash, lol. Are you sure you didn't make changes in you internet settings, register keys and other things?
Does it happen just and for any mybb forum?
darkteller Wrote:You get that error for any crash, lol. Are you sure you didn't make changes in you internet settings, register keys and other things?
Does it happen just and for any mybb forum?

Cute...

Yes, I get the same error for any MYBB forum above version 1.2.2 as far as I can tell.
I have the same problem on two different computers, and no, I am not a registry key fidler...

I will appriciate any help that you can give me..

BR / Lars
DrPoodle Wrote:Solution: http://www.getfirefox.com Toungue

Another cute answer...

Yes, I have firefox already. That is not the solution to the problem in Internet Explorer.
I will appreciate any help with the problem in Internet Explorer.

BR / Lars
Is there anything past the standard error message you can give us?
Tikitiki Wrote:Is there anything past the standard error message you can give us?

Hi,

Yes, I would like to give you some more information. I have to think...

BR / Lars
Hi,

I solved the problem. It was a small plugin in my Internet Explorer that had the problem. I just deactivated it. Oddly enough the problem only triggered with the new MYBB versions.

Thanks anyway.

Best regards / Lars
Pages: 1 2