MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum slow down the server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm running a wordpress website in shared hosting. I plan to add an small community forum to my site. My friend told forum will took much server load and slow down the server. Since i want to run a small community forum, i think forum won't use much CPU load. Please explain me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.
in general there should be no problem with a small community.
you can disable access to guests & prevent bots crawling to save some bandwidth.
Thanks a lot. Need specific answer please....
Did Empty forum use bandwidth? Please let me know how forum use large bandwidth. lot of traffic? huge members? huge post? or normally forum use large bandwidth. Please explain the concept?
The forum is using assets from your server - images/php/html/javascript. if you have a lot of bots / guests looking at just an index page with a logo then that will use bandwidth.

If you start adding loads of plugins that are not well optimised - that can impact your server. A MyBB default install with a small amount of well made plugins should run on a small server.

Bear in mind everything you put on a server uses server resources; for example, using cpanel on a small box means that a large chunk of your available capacity is set aside to run a control panel.