MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Xenforo Merge to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I have a Xenforo board with the following statistics:

Discussions:87,263
Members:20,881

I am looking to merge it into my myBB board which has the following statistics:

90,000 posts, 12,000 threads.

As you can tell, my Xenforo board is much bigger. Will this be a hard process, and what errors may occur?

Sorry, but I am a novice when it comes to merging forums.

Thanks.
it need not be a hard process. however can you first attempt a local test merge (eg. using XAMPP server)
As it's a lot of data the process may take same time. However except the time there shouldn't be any major problems.
(2014-12-27, 05:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]it need not be a hard process. however can you first attempt a local test merge (eg. using XAMPP server)

(2014-12-27, 07:13 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]As it's a lot of data the process may take same time. However except the time there shouldn't be any major problems.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated.
Just wondering as we use Reputation different to myBB on Xenforo, how can I import reputation from Xenforo to myBB if its even possible at all?

Also is it possible for my myBB to remain on 1.6 or will I HAVE to upgrade to 1.8?
The reputation isn't merged atm - the merge system doesn't have a nodule for it.

And you'd need to upgrade to 1.8 as the 1.6 merge system doesn't support xf.
(2014-12-29, 09:31 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]The reputation isn't merged atm - the merge system doesn't have a nodule for it.

And you'd need to upgrade to 1.8 as the 1.6 merge system doesn't support xf.

I see.
Will a module be present anytime soon?
Not soon - my priority is to fix bugs atm not to write new modules.
I'm jealous there's a merge system now after I jumped through many hoops!

Good job on adding it! +1