MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nope didn't work

[attachment=5481]
Are you sure you have edited the lang files so that $lang->toplinks_Image_Host, $lang->toplinks_Gallery and such have a value?

plus take note that the correct form of {$lang->toplinks_Search} is $lang->toplinks_search

No capital letters, or you will have to create a new lang line in the lang file for this with capital S.
ok it partly worked but none of the external links showed up and the image behind the wording does not show.

http://tussaudtimes.co.uk/forums
I was only fixing the code you have supplied because who knows if you had modified the lang files or not im not a psychic.

I saw new text which is not found by default in the lang files and i saw some modifications in the existing calling so i thought you knew what you were doing and you know that puting $lang->something will give nothing unless something exists. In this case it should exist in the lang file and as we are talking about the header then this is a global thing and should appear in the global lang file.
ok you lost me now, ive edited the the above post sorry if it sounded un grateful because really i am
To fix the image thingy do what i have mentioned in the 1st post here.

For the external links, to shorten our discussion and limit the work, just don't use the lang vars, instead of {$lang->toplinks_Gallery} type Gallery same for the image host. However if you insist on having them as lang vars, open ./inc/languages/english/global.php
above
$l['redirect_width'] = "50%";

Put

$l['toplinks_Gallery'] = "Gallery";
$l['toplinks_Image_Host'] = "Image Host";
Ok thanks the links all work but the image behind the toplinks does not show up ive done what you said to do in the 1st post.

Thanks so much for your help
have you changed urimage.gif to the real name of your images?
yes

images/toplinks.bmp
It works fine for me.. i donno what you have done. If you want PM me you login information so that i check it myself?
Pages: 1 2 3