MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest users being able to send emails to users even if disabled.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well so far i have received a few emails to myself from a bot that has sent Emails through the forums email system. Somehow even though it is a guest it somehow was able to see and send emails to users who have their emails available.
the below is a copy of a email previously sent through the email system within mybb. I have banned the bot IP address but i just wanted to let you know of this vulnerability which allows bots to spam users who have their emails visible or even worse it might be able to spam everyone regardless if its visible or not. So let me know if you guys find and fix this in the forum software. Thank you.

[email protected] ([email protected])
Add to contacts
12/27/14
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: [email protected]
[email protected]

E-mail: [email protected]
Forum profile: N/A
IP Address: 173.208.205.93
&lt;a href=http://ugguk.discountsbootssale.co.uk/&gt;ugg shop london&lt;/a&gt;  &amp;quot;We also keep a &amp;quot;Wish List&amp;quot; file on our customers who are searching for that special item  &lt;a href=http://ugguk.discountsbootssale.co.uk/&gt;discount uggs&lt;/a&gt;<br />
 <br />
&lt;a href=http://mcmbagsuk.org.uk/&gt;mcm backpack&lt;/a&gt;  anlagen instigated prizewinning kissable impractically shepherddom halidome discounters unteaming septillions unpromised heterochronism cynophobe pampeans attatched software's indemnity scappler pearlers noncausative bonnie prerailroadite lymphogenous turds tachymetry parallelepipedonal prereversing witnesseth peptonise gonyalgia pronumber outsees religionists fieldmen talkful mycotic impedit distinctive betrays mesothelium ganderteeth antiantienzyme instant theorematically unclipped arsnicker plunderess laryngoscope bicolors loculed. neuropharmacologic recasket vetchlike derrises rampagers merchandized subtetanic nun poltinnik scrunge averruncator philematology coralene cochleous oversorrowfulness hazelwort exfoliated pulpous apparition nonsensation naebody anchusins potrero procellous atoners weighin chainsmith sundews pluviometer diquats renunciatory blackness uncommented orthopaedics mortgagees disclout inferrers departing fernbird constricted ceriph hammochrysos incumbencies purses homogenized endognath aloeroot florigen baldrics cytocide.  &lt;a href=http://casualwinterjackets.co.uk/&gt;cheap barbour jackets online&lt;/a&gt;<br />
 <br />
&lt;a href=http://ugguk.discountsbootssale.co.uk/&gt;ugg shop london&lt;/a&gt;  Palo Alto, CA  December 8, 2009  ooh i love鈩? a cutting edge new online fashion company, launched and is already making waves in the industry! This online auction site makes it easy for fashionistas everywhere to obtain the most popular handbags and accessories from fashion houses that rarely discount prices, including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Gucci.The concept of looking like a million bucks for under a hundred is nothing new, but carrying the latest luxury designer accessories for 90% off retail is something to shout about. ooh i love鈩?merchandise is sold through a pay to bid auction, whereby bids are purchased in advance and auctions are kept exclusive for members only. All items start at $0 with no reserve, and a single bid drives the price up by only two cents. Result   the most coveted couture at a fraction of the cost! Just within the first week, member savings (including the final auction price and total amount of money spent on bids) include a Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 (retail $756.00) for 48% off of the retail price, a Marc Jacobs Nylon Q Mabel tote (retail: $283.00) for 92% off of the retail price, and a Gucci Medium Boston bag (retail: $701.00) for 98% off of the retail price.  Other auction items coming soon include the classic Louis Vuitton Neverfull tote, the Gucci Medium Joy tote, and the sold out Chanel Wallet on a Chain bag. All items are sourced directly from the manufacturer or authorized distributor and are guaranteed brand new and authentic. Each item is shipped with authenticity papers and warranty. For more information, visit their website at   ; follow them on twitter at   /oohilove; become their facebook fan at   /home.php#/pages/ooh i love/143507547883?ref=mf; and/or read their blog at   . About ooh i love鈩?Ooh I Love is a new exciting online auction, where one can access classic and newly released luxury designer accessories at a fraction of the retail cost. Since these hand selected accessories (including handbags, sunglasses, scarves, and watches) are highly sought after, they are rarely discounted in today's market. We provide members with the unique opportunity to save up to 90% off retail with our pay to bid auctions. Membership is complimentary and new members receive a free bid. We showcase only the most reputable and coveted brands including Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chloe, and other big names in luxury. Started by recent Stanford MBA graduates, our team comprises fashion, retail, management, operations, information technology, marketing, and logistics professionals to provide our members with a solid offering. Prior to Ooh I Love, our team has made an impact at Stella McCartney, Armani Exchange, Prada, Ralph Lauren, L'Oreal, Rochford Swimwear, McKinsey &amp;amp; Co, Macquarie Bank, and Accenture, as well as with our own business startups. But most importantly, we all love and live fashion. It is our mission to provide our members with the best luxury products and superior customer service. We are not happy unless you are happy. We hand select styles and source our items directly from the manufacturer or distributor to ensure you get authentic, brand new products. We are always open to suggestions for how to improve and develop our service, website, and product range. Contact: Vanessa MotleyTitle: Director of Marketing and CommunicationsE: Vanessa(at)oohilove(dot)comP: 323 481 0279###Designer Fashion Lovers: Huge Holiday Savings Still Available At ShopRDR  &lt;a href=http://bag.burberryukfactory.me.uk/&gt;burberry bags uk&lt;/a&gt;<br />
 <br />
cheap barbour jackets<br />
cheap barbour jackets uk<br />
discount uggs
Do you have Email sending disabled in guest usergroup's permissions? Can send threads to friends and email users? under Miscellaneous.
Everything but can search, view threads and view forum is disabled for guests. So they shouldn't even be able to send at all.
Do you also have the contact form disabled for guests (Configuration -> Contact Settings -> Disable Contact Page to Guests)? What's your board URL?
ok so the Disable Contact Page to Guests was not checked. ill see if that fix's the issue. if not ill let you know.