MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ProPortal Update to MyBB 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm not sure whether or not this is the right section for this. However,  my question is as the title says, is there anyone who could update ProPortal 1  to MyBB 1.8? The original developer is gone and not offering support anymore. However, I'm not sure if any copyright laws or anything will apply in this situation. If not, I'd really appreciate if someone could do this. And of course I can pay for it if it's necessary, just depends on the amount of payment.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-63463.html <- The plugin
http://community.mybb.com/thread-63463-p...#pid647748 <- Download link
Follow the simple steps to use mybb 1.6.x plugin in mybb 1.8.x

(2015-01-03, 05:21 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]you can change this "compatibility" => "16* to "compatibility" => "18* . to use mybb 1.6.x plugin in mybb 1.8.x , file contain in /inc/plugin/

but some plugin work and some not.
@rajeevrrs55 ProPortal needs a LOT more than that to work

to the OP - Wildcard is working on Advanced SideBox (ASB). It's a LOT better than ProPortal and it is actively developed. (Free but donations always welcome)

ProPortal was abandoned a very long time ago; I would advise uninstalling it and use a standard portal with plugins while you wait for ASB.
@Leefish I clearly declared it may work or may not. And they need now. So I given idea to try.
(2015-01-03, 05:53 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@rajeevrrs55  ProPortal needs a LOT more than that to work

to the OP - Wildcard is working on Advanced SideBox (ASB). It's a LOT better than ProPortal and it is actively developed. (Free but donations always welcome)

ProPortal was abandoned a very long time ago; I would advise uninstalling it and use a standard portal with plugins while you wait for ASB.

it's also vunerable, iirc..
ProPortal is still being updated from a member of the German Board. Of course you need to add your own language file if your language is other than German.

Link

Maybe you have to register in order to download.
Can download without registering.